Monday, November 20, 2006

Introduction

I was thinking about a really good book I read this year, and asked my husband "How do you start a blog?" He was on his computer, and he said, "Well, let's look it up..." He found this site, began my page, and left it to me to continue. I have no idea what direction this rant, I mean blog, will take. Most likely, I will sometimes talk about college basketball, or the right or wrong thing I am doing to my kids, or the state of the city, nation, or world. Sometimes, I do nothing noteworthy, but sometimes I do. For instance, this week, I went to an Interfaith Prayer and Devotional Service. I am a confirmed Catholic, went to a Fundamentalist Christian high school, raised in a Southern Baptist Church, so I consider myself a bit of a hybrid as far as organized religion goes. Anyway, this was an interesting evening. We had a couple readings from various faiths, some prayers, and some music, including a really very cool song called "Chant Medley" which included a phrase from the Christian, Jewish, Muslim (I think?) and another faith tradition that I don't remember. It was beautiful, and the group divided and chanted with the CD. It was beautiful, and I think God smiled at us.

So anyway, that was maybe not the high point, but maybe the most different thing I have done lately. I will keep you posted...

1 comment:

joseiw said...

dear, it is misleading to call yourself a Catholic . . .